- Writers UA (User Assistance)
- The Writers UA conferencefeatures over seventy topics from experts, project demonstrations from other user assistance developers, plus an exhibition of products and services, certificate programs, and networking events
- Information Architecture Summit
- The Information Architecture Summit is the premier gathering place for information architects and other user experience professionals. The conference has grown into a rich and expanding community of practice shaping and informing multiple disciplines.
- Usability Week Conference
- The Usability Week Conference, in place of scattered, shallow talks, Usability Week offers up to 6 days of deep learning as international experts lead full-day tutorials on several topics. Course levels range from introductory to advanced; you can sign up for as few as 1 or 2 days or as many as 6.
- Web App Summit
- Over the four days of Web App Summit, meet innovators and world-class designers behind today’s most successful web apps and come away inspired to create amazing applications.
- Americas Conference on Information Systems
- AMCIS will bring together the best of academia and industry to focus on the future of Information Systems.
- American Society for Information Science and Technology
- ASIS&T offers participants the opportunity to explore how information research and practice can promote global communication while maintaining diversity.
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Annual Meeting
- HFES Annual Meetings are important events for the Society’s members and others who are interested in the latest developments in the field.
- International Conference on Information Systems
- The annual International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) is the most prestigious gathering of I/S academics and research-oriented practitioners in the world. The Conference activities are primarily delivered by and for academics, though many of the papers and panels have a strong professional orientation.
- SXSW Interactive
- The SXSW Interactive Festival features five days of exciting content. Attracting digital creatives as well as visionary technology entrepreneurs, the event celebrates the best minds of emerging technology.
- CHI will be the showcase for the technologies, designs and ideas that will form the new world of digital life. There are many exciting new ways in which computing can improve life in many parts of the world.
- ACM SIGCHI
The ACM’s Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction brings together people working on the design, evaluation, implementation, and study of interactive computing systems for human use.
- Usability Professionals’ Association
The UPA supports those who promote and advance the development of usable products, reaching out to people who act as advocates for usability and the user experience.
- Society for Technical Communication
STC is an individual membership organization dedicated to advancing the arts and sciences of technical communication.
- Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
The mission of HFES is to promote the discovery and exchange of knowledge concerning the characteristics of human beings that are applicable to the design of systems and devices of all kinds.
- Association for Information Systems
The Association for Information Systems (AIS) is a professional organization whose purpose is to serve as a global organization for academics specializing in Information Systems.
- American Society for Information Science and Technology
ASIS&T is the society for information professionals leading the search for new and better theories, techniques, and technologies to improve access to information.
- Web Analytics Association
The Web Analytics Association leads and supports the members by providing quality education, developing standards and best practices, conducting research and advocating for issues that advance the industry.
- Interaction Design Association
The Interaction Design Association is a member-supported organization committed to serving the needs of the international interaction design community.
- Journal of Usability Studies
The Journal of Usability Studies (JUS) is a peer-reviewed, international, online publication dedicated to promote and enhance the practice, research, and education of usability engineering.
- SIGCHI’s Interactions
The magazine is published bi-monthly by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), the largest educational and scientific computing society in the world. interactions is the flagship magazine for the ACM’s Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (SIGCHI), with a global circulation that includes all SIGCHI members.
- Design Management Review
The Design Management Review explores how design provides long-term competitive advantage in a changing world. Covers design strategy, methods, and leadership, supported by case studies and research.
- Usability Interface
Usability Interface is the quarterly publication of the STC Usability and User Experience Community. The purpose of the newsletter is to provide technical communicators with up-to-date and in-depth information on how they can apply usability design and testing techniques to their products.
- The UPA Voice
The Voice is a project of the UPA Publications Committee, which includes articles of interest to usability professionals and UPA activities.
- UX matters
A Web magazine that delivers compelling content about developing effective user experience (UX) strategies.
- Jacob Nielsen’s Use It
This website is a great resource to consult about usability and different methods applied in the field.
- Federal Accessibility Guidelines
Federal standards for website accessibility.
- User Interface Engineering
User Interface Engineering is a leading research, training, and consulting firm specializing in web site and product usability.
- User Experience Network
UXnet creates effective, functional, and strategic networks to enable cross-disciplinary collaboration between user experience professionals.
- Boxes and Arrows
Boxes and Arrows is devoted to the practice, innovation, and discussion of design; including graphic design, interaction design, information architecture and the design of business.
- Barnum, C. Usability Testing and Research, 2002
- Beyer, H. and Holtzblatt, K. Contextual Design: Defining Customer-Centered Systems, 1998.
- Brinck, T., Gergle, D., and Wood, S. D., Usability for the Web: Designing Web Sites That Work, 2002.
- Clark, J. Building Accessible Web Sites, 2003.
- Dumas, J. and Redish, J. A Practical Guide to Usability Testing, 1993
- Farkas, D. and Farkas, J., Principles of Web Design, 2002
- Gaffney, G. and Szuc, D.The Usability Kit, 2006
- Garrett, J. J., The Elements of User Experience, 2002.
- Hackos, J. T. and Redish, J. C. User and Task Analysis for Interface Design, 1998.
- Kaushik, A. Web Analytics: An Hour A Day, 2007
- Krug, Steve. Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability. 2005.
- Kuniavsky, M. Observing the user experience: A practitioner’s guide to user research, 2003
- Mayhew, D. J., The Usability Engineering Life Cycle: A Practitioner’s Handbook for User Interface Design, 1999.
- Nielsen, J., Designing Web Usability: The Practice of Simplicity, 2000.
- Nielsen, J. Usability Engineering, 1993.
- Pearrow, M. Web Site Usability Handbook, 2000
- Preece, J., Rogers, Y., and Sharp, H., Interaction Design: Beyond Human-Computer Interaction, 2002.
- Redish, Janice (Ginny), Letting Go of the Words, 2007.
- Rosenfeld, L. and Morville, P., Information Architecture, 2002.
- Rosson, M.B. and Carroll, J.M. Usability Engineering: Scenario-Based Development of Human-Computer Interaction, 2002.
- Rubin, J. Handbook of Usability Testing: How to Plan, Design, and Conduct Effective Tests. 1994
- Snyder, C. Paper Prototyping, The Fast and Easy Way to Design and Refine User Interfaces. 2003
- Stone, D., Jarrett, C., Woodroffe, M., & Minocha, S. User interface design and evaluation, 2005.
- Thatcher, J, et all. Web Accessibility: Web Standards and Regulatory Compliance., 2006.
- Vredenburg, K, Isensee, S., and Righi, C. User-Centered Design: An Integrated Approach, 2002.
- Wood, L. (Ed.), User Interface Design: Bridging the Gap from User Requirements to Design, 1998.