Director of IE Lab | Associate Professor
Dr. Isa Jahnke completed her PhD at TU Dortmund University (Germany), and she was a Professor at Umea University in Sweden. Her research focuses on sociotechnical design and innovative use of emergent technologies such as mobile devices, media tablets and wearables.
- Technology-enhanced designs for learning expeditions
- Sociotechnical heuristics, pedagogical usability
- Learning at the workplace and workplace studies
Professor | Associate Dean for Engagement & Outreach
Dr. Joi Moore is a full professor of the School of Information Science and Learning Technologies and received her doctorate in Information Technology from the University of Georgia. She specializes in Human Computer Interaction.
- Electronic performance support systems
- Interactive learning environments
- Designing user-centered web applications (human-computer interaction)
Dr. Alexander, faculty of Sinclair School of Nursing, uses human factors theories to research interrelationships between humans, technology, their environment and work. His main focus is on evaluation of the nursing home industry’s use of information technology in clinical practice, as well as:
- Electronic health care record implementation strategies
- Patient safety
- Human factors evaluation in health-care settings
Dr. Belden, Family Medicine faculty and family physician, works in the areas of electronic health record usability and visual display of information. His approach to user-centered design draws upon his experiences in photography, layout and software design.
- Usability techniques in agile development processes
- Visual display of quantitative information
- Communicating risk information to patients in clinical settings
- Use of sparklines in clinical dashboards
Hao is currently a Ph.D. student in the Educational Technology program at the School of Information Science and Learning Technologies, University of Missouri. His research interests include:
- Instructional Design on English learning and STEM education
- Game-Based Learning on English learning and STEM education
- Usability Evaluation
Carl is a PhD student at the School of Information Science and Learning Technology at the University of Missouri. He holds two masters degrees in Childhood Education and Digital Media and Design for Learning from New York University.
- Blockchain technology and information sharing
- The intersection of Mind and Body in Immersive Technologies
- Information security and social media
- HCI Design
Yen-Mei is currently a Ph.D. student at the School of Information Science and Learning Technologies at the University of Missouri, Columbia. She holds a master’s degree in Educational Psychology from National ChengChi University, Taiwan. Her research interests include:
- Individual's Online Navigation Competence, Cognitive Processes, and Internet Self-efficacy
- Interfaces/Websites Design in the Teaching and Learning environments
Minh is currently a Ph.D. student at the School of Information Science and Learning Technologies at the University of Missouri, Columbia. She holds a master’s degree in Globalization and Education Change from Lehigh University. Her research interests include:
- Mobile learning
- Game-based learning
- Environmental education
Nathan is currently a Ph.D. student at the School of Information Science and Learning Technologies at the University of Missouri, Columbia. He holds a master’s degree in Liberal Studies in the e-Learning Professional concentration. His research interests include
- User Experience
- Information Seeking and Technology Use Habits
- Information Ecology
Gayathri is currently earning her doctorate degree with a major in Human Computer Interaction at University of Missouri- Columbia. She did her masters’ in Engineering Technology from Pittsburg State University and bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering from India. Her research Interests include:
- Human Computer Interaction.