- Card sort
- Information architecture verification
- Prototype analysis
The IE Lab assisted in four phases of the MU librarywebsite redesign process that implemented various aspects of user centered design principles. These phases included: a card sort, verifying information architecture, prototype testing, and a summative evaluation of the redesign. These phases were conducted in an iterative manner with each subsequent phase building upon the findings of the previous phase. After each phase, members of IE Lab met to discuss the findings and to provide recommendations for the Library Website Redesign Committee.
- Simplified the appearance by adding more white space and reducing the amount of content on the homepage
- Went from 7 navigation menus to 5
- Re-worded the navigation menus based on user feedback to make the navigation menus more in line with how users
- Added a Quick Links section l Added 4 interactive icons