- Follow-up Interviews
- Heuristics Evaluation
- Learning Efficacy Study
- Online Course Development
- Task-based usability test
The IE Lab team worked closely with food import experts to design the course. This team attended several meetings and coordinated the process of converting content into learning modules. The learning modules consisted of text, video, images, activities, and assessments. Furthermore, a second IE Lab team conducted user and learning experience tests to determine the overall quality of the training course.
User Experience studies:
- Users prefer more interactive videos
- Activities need more instructions
- Users would like an organized glossary of resources
- The course would benefit from a Help function
Learner Experience study:
- Post-test scores were significantly higher than pre-test scores for beginning learners.
- The mean guessing rate decreased from 74% on pre-tests to 15% on post-tests.
The study will be published, the team is working on a publication.