Professor | SISLT Director
Dr. Marra conducts research on the design and development of technology-enhanced learning environments for both face to face and web-based learning. Her particular emphases are on supporting complex learning with technology in the area of Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education examining their impact on problem-solving and meta-cognitive development. Dr. Marra develops and teaches courses in the areas of the systematic design of instruction, meaningful use of technology in learning, online learning and serious games. In a “past life”, Dr. Marra was a software engineer for AT&T Bell Labs.
- Design of innovative technology, learner-centered environments
- Assessment and Evaluation of Educational Change
- Design of Engineering and Science Education environments with emphasis in recruiting and retaining women and minorities
- Games for Learning (serious games)
Professor | Associate Dean for Engagement & Outreach of the College of Education
Dr. Joi Moore completed her doctoral degree from the University of Georgia in Information Technology. Before that, she had received a Master’s degree and Bachelor’s in Management and Computer Science from North Carolina State, respectively. She specializes in usability and user centered design.
- Electronic performance support systems
- Interactive learning environments
- Designing user-centered web applications (human-computer interaction)
- eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 119 Townsend Hall Columbia, MO 65211